Monday, August 15, 2016

Does He know Me! John 10:3

 The Gate keeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice and come to him; and He calls his own sheep by name and Leads them out.
 When I have sadly misunderstood Him?  (John 20:17). it is possible to know all about doctrine and yet not know Jesus. The Soul is in danger when knowledge of doctrine out steps intimate touch with Jesus.  Why was Mary weeping? Doctrine was no more to Mary then grass under her feet. Any Pharisee could have made a fool out of Mary doctrinally, but one thing they could not ridicule out of her was the fact that Jesus had cast seven- demons out of her; yet his blessings were nothing in comparison to Himself. Mary "saw Jesus standing and knew not whether it was Jesus...;" immediately she heard the voice,she knew she had a past history with the One who spoke, "Master!"
 When have I stubbornly doubted? (John 20:27). Then He said to Thomas, " put your finger into my hands. Put your hand into my side. Don't be faithless any longer. BELIEVE!"
  Have you been doubting something about Jesus- an experience to which others testify but which you have not  had?  The other disciples told Thomas that they had seen Jesus, but Thomas doubted- Except I shall see...,  I will not believe." Thomas needed a personal touch of Jesus. When his touches come, or how they come, we do not know; but when they do come they are indescribably  precious.
 "My Lord my God!"
 When have we selfishly  denied Him? ( John 21; 15-17). After breakfast Jesus said to Simon Peter, " Simon, son of John, do you love me more then these others? "Yes," "Then feed my lambs",(children) Jesus told him. Jesus repeated the question: " Simon, son of John, do you really love me?"
 "Yes Lord," Peter said, "You know I love you." " Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said.
  Once more he asks him, " Simon,son of John, are you even my friend?"
   Peter was grieved at the way Jesus asked this question for the third time. " Lord you know my heart; (all things)." Jesus said, then feed my little sheep."
 Peter had denied Jesus with oaths and curses, and yet after the resurrection Jesus appeared to Peter alone. He restored him in private, the Jesus restored him before the others." Lord, thou knowest that I love thee."
Have you a personal history with Jesus Christ?  The one sign of discipleship is intimate connection with him, a knowledge of Jesus Christ which nothing can shake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment